ICU - Medical staff
We have 10 consultant anaesthetists with training in critical care medicine.
All patients in the ICU are reviewed on a daily basis by a consultant who is supported by highly experienced nurses and a multi-disciplinary team including physiotherapists, pharmacists and dieticians. We have close links to other medical and surgical specialities throughout the hospital and on-call consultant cover is provided 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Consultant medical staff
- Dr Gordon Houston, Clinical Lead Critical Care
- Dr John Allan - Interests in chocardiography, quality improvement, and medical informatics.
Dr Jane Chestnut - Interest in education.
- Dr Tim Geary, Paediatric Anaesthetist, Foundation Year Programme Director with an interest in paediatric transfer medicine (SCOTSTAR).
- Dr Phil Korsah, Associate Medical Director
- Dr Alistair Meikle, Clinical Lead-Organ Donation (NHSBT), FICM Tutor, with interests in critical care transfers, and quality improvement.
- Dr Hugh Neill, Director of Medical Education
- Dr Peter O'Brien, Audit Co-ordinator with interests in patient safety, quality improvement, ICU Rehabilitation (InSPIRE).
- Dr Alison Speirs - Interests in medical HDU liaison, palliative care, and patient safety.
- Dr Nicola Willis, Paediatric Anaesthetist